ProCare Wales was established in 2001 as a registered provider of care and support services within the community. ProCare Wales’ Head Office is based in Rhyl, Denbighshire and is governed by Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW).
Our Service Model
Procare Wales works on a model of Positive Behavioural Support around an individualised package of care which promotes a better quality of life.
Where We Work
Procare Wales currently run two residential provisions which forms part of our Intensive Support Service. We also run a number of community living schemes. All of our services are based within the Conwy and Denbighshire area.
Who We Work With
Procare Wales will consider referrals for individuals who have complex support needs with impaired intellectual abilities and seriously challenging behaviour. Individuals will be considered on the basis that they:
- Live in or originate from, the North Wales catchment area
- They have or are at serious risk, of being excluded from mainstream or specialist services
- They would typically have complex support needs which might include learning disability, autistic spectrum, mental health / mental disorder, acquired brain injury or are highly vulnerable
- Have experienced previous placement breakdowns
- May have a history of repeated psychiatric / learning disability hospital admissions including by detention under the Mental Health Act (2007)
Acceptance to the service will be via:
- Detailed assessments to ensure we can meet the clinicial and social needs of the individual
- Assessment of compatibility of other individuals we support (if applicable)
- Assessment that all risks can be safely managed within a commmunity setting